I'm happy to write that we will be having our first meeting of 2009 on Tuesday, January 27th at 7pm at the Austin Can! Academy (2406 Rosewood Ave. 78702; 1.5 miles east of I35, across from the Millennium Youth Entertainment Complex) in room 108 (signs will be posted). Over the last several months members of the collective have been discussing the best way for APPS — now in its 3rd year — to move forward, and I'm excited about what the spring holds for us!
Our tentative agenda includes:
1) Overview and discussion of Participatory Society and APPS
2) Interview project- overview, progress checks, timeline
3) Move email list from yahoo groups to riseup?
4) State of local Gaza protests so far
5) Gibler visit and strategy session
6) New Solidarity proposal
7) Other possible group projects
If you have something you would like to include on the agenda, please email me. I will send an updated agenda and reminder out prior to the meeting. Also please feel free to forward this information to others who may be interested in getting involved with APPS. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you!