So someone hurled an egg at her
By Prashant Nema at Jan 08, 2010
- It might be better utilization of resources if TOI covered the issues raised by the activists. But that is hard work and then you cannot “character assassinate” issues as you can do that to an activist. How could you say “the tribals hurled eggs at a protest against state sponsored killing of tribals”.
- If TOI does indeed cover news from that area, it might better serve their readers if they also covered demonstrations against the State repressions and how Tatas and Essar have been pushing the tribals off their lands for their mining operations.
- Why was the actual event (Jan Sunwai) not covered? What was disclosed at the event? What about the Sodi Sambo case?
- When the mainstream channels are done with the Ruchika’s case will they investigate the case of the tribal Ruchikas?
- Oh, and the mandatory skepticism, was this all staged?